Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Home Run Derby!









So I haven't posted in quite a while and after much complaining from all of my fans I have decided to catch you all up on my life! I am a huge baseball fan and I am very fortunate in the line of work that I am in because I get a lot of free tickets to Giant's and A's Games. Many of the subcontractors that work for us have tickets and offer them to me quite often. My company also has season tickets right behind home plate for the Giant's. When I found out the All Star Game was going to be in San Francisco I definitely got my hopes up. You never when a sub will call and offer last minute tickets. A few days before all of the events began we got an email that their were fan-fest, futures game and home run derby tickets available to all of us. I jumped at the chance to go to any of the events but was ecstatic at the idea of going to the home run derby. Thanks to our office manager Diana I got the tickets and was able to go!! It was awesome. I went with my boss Kurt and his 10-year old son Karl. We got their early enough to watch the batting practice with all of the all star's. Then the Counting Crows came out and sang a few songs complete with fire shooting from the back of the stage and jets flying overhead. Willie McCovey came out and gave all of the participants a special bat. Then after Chris Berman introduced everyone the derby began.

It was so awesome to see all of the players walking around acting like fans. They had cameras and their kids on their shoulders. They were shaking hands and getting autographs. They appeared to be having such a great time. David Ortiz was hysterical...running around and joking with everybody. He even brought Vlady out his own bat to use. It seemed to work because soon after that he started really hitting them out of the park...507 feet was the longest (I think)! He won which I, being the american league fan that I am, was very happy about (even though he is an Angel)!!

Thank you William Lyon for the season tickets and the opportunity to go to the Home Run Derby! It is such an amazing treat to get to go to the games and enjoy the beautiful park.

6 comments:

Dan said...

Yay Jen! I have memorized your Vegas entry by now.

lauren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lauren said...

i watched a little part of this on tv at the bowens, so cool that you went.

Zakaryans said...

jen... when are we going to get a new blog? i think it's time. any by the way, why did you delete a comment here... hmmm??? -kz

Anonymous said...

so it's been over a month...

Zakaryans said...

JEN... you need to do your own blog about little Paige!!! I want to see more photos! -Kim