Thursday, April 26, 2007

God's blessings (Part 2)...

The day after I received my wallet back I called my insurance company to tell them that I got the gift cards and wallet back. I wanted to continue with my whole honesty is the best policy thing. When I called my claims adjuster there was a message that she was on vacation for a week. I was so mad. I had faxed her my claim a week before and she had never returned my calls regarding my claim. I just wanted to know what was going on with it and if I was going to get my money back. Now she was on vacation and I couldn't even tell her about getting the stuff back.

That night on my way home I picked up my mail. There was like four envelopes in there from my insurance company. I opened them and there it was...a check for $2000 (everything that I had requested less my $500 deductible). I was so excited. I still can't believe that they gave me all of it!

God is so loving and compassionate. He took such amazing care of me throughout this whole situation. Not only did I get everything that I really cared about back (my pictures, etc...) but now I can replace all of the material possessions that I had stolen. It has really taught me how valuable that the things that I own are. I forget sometimes how much that I have been blessed to have an awesome job that has allowed me to have a house, a car and all of the things that I need. I may not have everything that I thought I wanted at this point in my life but God is constantly reminding me of all of the things that I do have. My family and friends were so great about the whole thing. I have so many amazing people that support me in my life. I am a very blessed girl!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow jenny! i'm so excited for you!!! our God is good and he does provide for us in amazing ways. i'm glad that you were reminded today how loved you are by the Savior (in such a practical way)! i love you, too! love, nicolie

Dan said...

sorry i broke your window. mel wanted your coach purse really bad and you know how pregnant women get, so I had to get it from you somehow. I am glad that you got that check in the mail. I held your insurance provider's 6 year old daughter for ransom until they paid you. I have released her (unharmed). Sleep well Jen. For now.

By the way, as an interesting segue, I can check on your condo and stuff while you guys are in Vegas if you need me to. Let me know.

lauren said...

for people like me who are sitting in a classroom. mildly bored, it would be nice if you updated